How to Apply for a US Tourist Visa in Qatar | A Complete Guide for All Nationalities

It was sometime in 2016, when Tep and I applied for a US tourist visa in Qatar. I remembered it was raining so hard in Doha that time and the traffic was so heavy. Our appointment was at 7:00 am but we arrived at the US Embassy around 7:30 am already. Both of us were nervous, we thought of rescheduling it, but decided to try our luck.

Were we able to get the visa? Yes!! Want to know what we did to get approved? Read on.

A lot of people dreams to set foot in America. While it is easy for some nationalities to just fly there and present their passports, there are some whose adventure to the US will begin as soon as they apply for their US visa. We’ve been hearing a lot of success and failure stories whenever we talk about US visa application. But you have to keep in mind that the result of your application will entirely depend on you and on the assessment of the visa officer. This means that in order to get approved, you have to be prepared with all the documents required, be honest in answering all the questions and be confident during your interview.

NOTE: Unlike with other visa applications (Schengen or UK visa), you don’t need an airline or hotel booking once you decided to apply for a US Tourist Visa. You just need to have an idea on the date when you’re planning to go, the things that you will do and the places you wanted to visit.

Below are the steps that you have to follow, provided that you will be applying for a tourist or non immigrant visa (B1/B2 visa) and your country is not included on the Visa Waiver Program (for more information on the list of countries and other qualifications, click this link ).

I learned from Tep’s colleague, who recently got his US visa, that the steps in applying are still the same from the time that we have applied in 2016.

I. Prepare the necessary documents and Read the guidelines.

Before you complete the form, make sure that the following documents or information are on hand since you will need this in filling up the form.

• Passport
  • Address of where you will be staying (can be hotel, family or friend’s address in the US). They said that it is better to provide hotel address, but in my case, I provided my friend’s address.
  • Information on your current and previous employment (address, position held, contact information, dates of employment)
  • List of countries that you have visited
  • Digital Photo taken within the last six months. They have specific requirements for the photo and you can check it here.

Read the guidelines set out by the US Embassy on this page. It is important that you have read and understood this in order to avoid inconveniences while filling up the form.

II. Complete the DS-160 Form

Complete the DS-160 Form. Make sure that all the information that you will provide are correct and accurate, since once you submitted it, you cannot make any changes. I will try to walk you through the process, see below.

1. The location that you will select here should be the same location where you will schedule your interview.
2. You can upload and test your digital photo here.
3. Click this link to start your application. This is also the page that you will visit if you want to retrieve your previous application.

You have to take note of your unique Application ID. This will be needed if you want to retrieve your application.

Once you have chosen your security question and provided the answer, click continue and you will be redirected to the DS-160 form.

1. Tooltip Language helps you in translating the questions to your selected language by pointing the mouse over the text. Click this link for more information. But take note that all your answers must be in English.
2. The estimated time to complete the form is 75 mins, but it took me more than this time because I reviewed mine thoroughly.
3. Summary of what will be asked from you. Fill up everything, if some items are not applicable to you, just write “Does not apply.” You cannot proceed unless you answer all the mandatory questions.

If I remember correctly, the form is more than 5 pages. Once you’re done, upload your picture, review all your answers and then electronically sign the form by clicking “Sign Application” found at the end of the form.

After completing the application form, the system will generate an alpha numeric barcode confirmation page. You have to print this since this will be needed during your interview.

This is a sample of the confirmation page.

If you will apply with your family, each member needs to complete the DS-160 form.

III. Create a Profile on the Online Applicant System

Once you have the confirmation page, you can now create a profile at the Online Applicant System. This is where you will schedule your visa interview.

1. The available schedule for interview can be seen right away on your dashboard.
2. Click New Application. Select the necessary answers on the succeeding pages. Then you will be redirected to a form, which you have to fill in with your personal data.

After completing the form, an important note on visa fee will pop up. Visa fee can only be paid at the Commercial Bank of Qatar.

Once you click the CBQ logo, you will redirected to the deposit slip. Print this and present to the bank. Take note of the expiration date.

IV. Pay the Visa Fee

You can pay the visa fee at any CBQ branch in Qatar. As of this writing, visa application fee is at $ 160 or QAR 584. This is non refundable and non transferable.

Apart from the deposit slip, you should also bring your passport when paying to the bank. Once you received the bank receipt, check all the personal data indicated there before leaving the bank.

Taken from the US Embassy Website. Take note of the receipt number found on the upper right part of the bank receipt.

You have to wait for your payment to be activated, after 11:00 am of the following business day, before you can schedule your interview.

V. Schedule your Interview

Log in to the online applicant system and input your bank receipt number.

Schedule your interview (at your most convenient date and time) using the calendar on the system. Take into consideration the time that you will need in gathering the necessary documents that you need to present during your interview.

VI. Gather all the Documents that You Need to Present

These are the documents that I have prepared and brought with me during my interview:

1. Original and copy of Passport – should be valid at least 6 months on your intended stay in the US (Required)
2. Old Passport (as proof of previous travels)
3. DS-160 Confirmation page and Appointment confirmation print outs (Required)
4. Employment certificate, addressed to the US Embassy in Qatar, stating my salary and position (Required)
5. Original payment receipt from the bank (Required)
6. Original QID and copy
7. Bank Statement for the past 6 months (my payroll account here in Qatar). Printed only through my online banking. Although some people suggest to have it stamped and signed by the bank. (Required)
8. 2×2 picture copies (those that I have uploaded on my DS-160 form)

The visa officer required us to submit only our passports and employment certificates during the interview. But this does not mean that you only have to prepare this. They may require different documents from every applicant.

Some applicants also prepare the following documents. It is up to you if you also want to bring these.

1. DS-160 Form
2. Pay Slips
3. Bank statement from your savings on your home country
4. Certificate of Investment or Properties
5. Marriage or Birth Certificate
6. Itinerary

Note on the bank statement: Nobody knows how much money you should have on your bank account in order to get approved. Some says, the more money you have means more chances on getting the visa. I don’t believe it though. I guess as long as you have few savings and you have regular transactions (such as your monthly salary) on your bank statement, then you have a chance of getting approved. And also, do not attempt to make a huge amount of deposit before your planned interview.

VII. Visit the US Embassy on the Date and Time of your Scheduled Interview

Arrive on time. You should arrive at the embassy on your scheduled date and time. In our case, we were late by 30 minutes, but they still allowed us to enter. I don’t know if it is because of the bad weather that time, but don’t gamble, it is still best to be there at least a few minutes before your scheduled time to compose yourself. Believe me, you don’t want to be late on appointments like this.

Wear something decent and presentable. This does not necessarily mean you have to wear a suit and tie. I guess a collared shirt and jeans will do. During my appointment, I was wearing my usual office attire, a blouse and black slacks, because I will be reporting to my office after. There will be a lot of walk before you get to the consular office, that is why I would suggest the ladies to wear flats.

Security. The US Embassy have a very tight security. If my memory serves me right, there were several security checks before we were able to enter the consular office. They would only allow you to bring a small bag to carry your documents and passport, wallets / small purse and any writing materials. That is why it is best to leave your mobile phones, camera, laptops, usb/hardrive and big bags on your car. Our car key was also surrendered to the security upon our check in.

Fingerprint / Biometrics. This will be taken at the consular office before your interview.

Interview. Once you’re called, greet first the visa officer (a simple good morning or good day). Calm yourself, don’t be nervous and answer all the questions honestly. During our interview, this was the only question asked:

Visa Officer: Why do you want to travel to the USA?
MI and Tep: For tourism and to visit our friend who is living in California (our friend’s address was the one that we have written on our DS-160 forms)

Afterwards, he asked for our passports and for our employment certificates. Then he gave us a small paper which shows the date and time that we can collect our passports. He didn’t told us whether we got approved or not, but we assumed we got it because he took our passports.

According to the experiences of some applicants, the visa officer told them right away the result of their application.

VIII. Pick up your passport with the US Visa at the US Embassy

I am hoping and praying that all of you who are reading this will make it to this step. You can collect your passport at the US Embassy on the date and time given to you. In our case, we were able to get it within 5 working days and we went to the embassy in the afternoon (between 1:00 to 3:00 pm).

We were happy to get a 10 year multiple entry visa to the USA. See mine below:

I guess I have written everything here. Most of the information were taken from the US Embassy in Qatar website and I have sited here as well our experiences when we were doing the application.

If you’ve got further questions, you may check out the FAQ here or you may watch this instructional video.

Have you tried applying for a US Tourist Visa? Let me know how did it go on the comment section below.

The featured image was taken from Pixabay.

Address: 22nd February Street, Al Luqta District
P.O. Box 2399 Doha, Qatar
Phone: (974) 4496-6000
Fax: (974) 4488-4298

108 Comments

1. maryem
    February 7, 2020 / 10:40 PM

Hi Maria
    we are applying for family visa but we don’t have any US Contact I don’t know what to put in US Contact. Any advice?

• February 29, 2020 / 6:31 AM

Hello.. I know you can put the name of the hotel where you are planning to stay..

2. Menaka Sundararaj Pradeepan
    January 6, 2020 / 7:30 AM

Hi Maria, Good Morning have a question regarding the US visa application.
    i work for an Airline in Qatar and my husband works for a company in Qatar. while filling the D160 form i have realised that few of the quesiton which has been asked for my husband is not there for me . like exact date of travel to us return flight details , educational qualififcations and past travel history. is this something that i need to worry ?
    Also while making the appointment , i have noticed that there is a question ” Do all of the applicants have 10 year visas (except those under the age of 14)? . what does this means? i have answered as NO.

Thank you very much in advance for your reply

• January 6, 2020 / 3:26 PM

Hello Menaka! We also had the same case. There were a lot of questions asked from my husband. I also answered “NO” to that question, since I think they are asking if you already have a previous US visa, though I am not sure if that is what it really means. Goodluck on your application.

• Menaka Pradeepan
        January 15, 2020 / 4:15 PM

Hi Maria
        Finally we had the appointment today. Only few questions asked and not a single document she requested. She took our passports and said we wil receive an sms. Means our visa got approved?
        When i check online it says administrative processing. So the status is worrying me

• January 16, 2020 / 1:45 PM

Hello! Don’t worry, just think positive.. Let us hope and pray that it will get approved.. 😊

• Divine
            January 17, 2020 / 11:49 PM

Hi MARIA , Thanks for the good job. I have a question? Please what can I fill for that question are you are permanent resident of a country/ region other than your country/ origin of the above mentioned nationality? I only have residency permit in Doha, would it still be recognized as permanent residency? Thanks

3. ddlim
    November 20, 2019 / 5:33 PM

Hello dear, regarding employment certificate, is it okay if the letter is not addressed to US embassy? Apparently, our company does not issue such letters specifically if its address to US embassy (perhaps they have reason behind that). Also, can we submit COE and not salary cert? Thanks!

• November 24, 2019 / 9:06 PM

Submit an employment certificate which mentions your salary as well.

4. Ahmed
    October 24, 2019 / 10:07 PM

hi good night i take appointment for interview for me and my family.
    is it necessary to take my children with me or i cant take them

• November 5, 2019 / 5:00 PM

I think it depends on the age of your children..

5. Shazrul
    October 13, 2019 / 7:53 PM

Hi! Just want to let you know your blog has been very helpful for me in applying the US visa here in Qatar. However since passing the interview last Sunday (6/10/19), they have not given me my passport back and it has been a week. I have a flight to catch back to Malaysia on the 16th tho. Any ideas why it is taking too long and should I call the embassy to enquire? Thanks again and I really appreciate it!

6. Rox
    October 8, 2019 / 11:07 PM

How long should the QID be valid before applying for USA visa? Example 3months,6months

7. YA
    October 7, 2019 / 10:57 AM

hi , did you book flight before interview ?

• October 8, 2019 / 2:09 AM

Hello! We did not book a flight ticket before the interview..

8. Juwel
    September 4, 2019 / 9:00 PM

Big Thanx girl for your wonderful guide…we passed the interview and got the approved visa the next day…amazing!!!…God bless always

• September 26, 2019 / 1:42 PM

Glad to hear this.. Enjoy your vacation.. God bless.. 😊

• gin
        October 23, 2019 / 8:04 AM

Hi Ms Maria,, I would like to ask how much minimum savings do you we need? Thanks

9. THIMMEGOWDA GOVINDAGOWDA
    August 23, 2019 / 6:33 PM

Hi Maria..MI!
    Really Like your travel related stories & you’re doing an awesome job of simplifying so many things!
    Keep it up!! God bless you

TG

• August 25, 2019 / 8:20 AM

Thank you for this.. Comments like this means so much to me..

• Rory
        August 29, 2019 / 10:26 PM

hey Maria love the blog! thanks for the info! Maria please I know you mentioned amount in bank statement, is monthly salary of 8000, ok? so if I’m applying for 11days visit would like 12,000QAR be enough?

• zakaria
        August 31, 2019 / 6:25 PM

hi Maria

greetings from doha

i really appaerciate your help regarding our applications to us visa

i have two questions regadirng the ds 160 form

01 / National Identification Number ??? Qatar ID Number or My country ID Number??

02 / Are you a permanent resident of a country/region other than your country/region of origin (nationality) above?

i replied YES

Other Permanent Resident Country/Region (1): QATAR

is that correct or i should replied by no

please help me as i plan to pay the fees and i ask you to be sure

• Menaka Pradeepan
          December 30, 2019 / 9:29 PM

Hi Zakaria
          Did u get a reply to your question? Coz i have the same question

• jack
      October 12, 2019 / 9:38 PM

hi ms MI.. i am planning to apply po ng tourist visa under my brother’s sponsor. pano po if hndi nagbbigay ng employment letter ang company even for salary certificate?i only have a copy of my contract and offer letter from them.same company lang po ako since 2015.

10. July 26, 2019 / 7:00 AM

Having some fun time in searching for blogs that somehow caught my attention is the best thing I’ve done in my leisure time, and I was really interested in topics related to
    us visa application since this really helpful for me.

11. Evans siripi
    June 29, 2019 / 8:25 AM

Hello madam please I have someone who is living in USA and she is able to help me to get USA Visa so am ask what is the procedure and the steps for me to get invitation letter?

• July 27, 2019 / 12:43 PM

Hello! Maybe you can check with your friend who is living in the US, what type of visa you should apply.. What I only know are the steps and procedures for tourist visa application which I laid out on this blog..

• Ankur
        August 19, 2019 / 2:24 PM

Thanks a lot Maria for the great help can you please share the employment certificate format

12. Cris
    June 26, 2019 / 10:04 AM

I applied po last June 17, 2019, I answered all questions pero in the end SORRY! i heard all consul na nag asked ilan years na dito sa Qatar, i guess na parang pag few years ka pa lang sa qatar prang denied na agad since i am here only for 3 years.

• June 26, 2019 / 11:19 AM

Oh my Cris, I’m sorry to hear this.. I know some people who got approved despite being here in Qatar for less than 3 years.. I guess the consuls really have their ways of knowing if you get approved or not.. Maybe it is not yet your time, or you are bound to explore other places than the US.. But you can still apply next time..

• kanna
      June 29, 2019 / 9:16 AM

Hi Cris,
      my interview coming Tuesday for J1visa,
      please send your email id i have some simple questions.

Mail id : sjana.somu@gmail.com

Kanna

13. Kanna
    June 10, 2019 / 10:33 AM

Hi,Maria Ingrid,
    I got invitation from one of collage for 10days workshop related my Qs job
    They provide food & Accommodation, travelling cost covering myself, my plan is attend the workshop and travel some places for sightseeing for 4days.(i need visa 2 weeks only) Please advise which visa category I should apply
    My case is salary like Qar 5,500 and have some saving 20k also, what u think this is enough for apply for visa.

• June 12, 2019 / 10:44 AM

Hello Kanna! Thank you for reading the blog.. Regarding your question, I think it is better to ask the college who invited you for the workshop since based on your description, they are going to cover all the expenses for this trip.. I don’t have any other info on the other types of visa since I only tried applying for the tourist one.. Hope this helps.. Thank you.

14. AYOUB BOUALI
    May 21, 2019 / 9:30 AM

Thank you Maria for all information, you cover everything 🙂
    I just have a question please, i got the employment letter now but i have the interview in 2 weeks, it’s fine to use it or do i need to submit recent one?

• May 22, 2019 / 9:49 AM

Hello Ayoub! I’m not really sure regarding that.. But if you can request a recent one from your employer, I think that is better to submit.. Hope this helps.. Thank you..

15. Misty
    April 22, 2019 / 8:21 PM

Hi Miss Ingrid,
    Do you have any idea if it is possible to leave my mobile phone in the security guard?
    since I don’t have a car and I cannot afford to leave my mobile at home as I will use it to book Uber
    after the interview. Thanks:)

• April 26, 2019 / 3:09 PM

Hello Misty! You can leave your things at the guard..

16. Krishna
    April 20, 2019 / 7:17 PM

Thanks a lot Maria. Your Blog was really helpful. I have reached half way, gotta make payment tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

• April 26, 2019 / 3:10 PM

Hello Krishna! Thanks for finding the blog helpful.. Hoping and praying that you will get the visa.. You can do it.. Good luck..

17. Alain
    April 14, 2019 / 10:26 AM

hiya! your blog is so informative. just wondering if you have any idea if children (under 14) needs to show up on appointment date. none of their parents hold a valid B1/B2 visa.

18. Andeng
    April 3, 2019 / 12:21 PM

Hi Ms. Maria,

Ask ko lang po kung may minimum salary range po ba required sa pag apply ng US Tourist Visa here in Qatar?

19. Meh Nv
    December 29, 2018 / 8:18 PM

Hai !!!
    Im applying for visa along with family so i have to add family members on my DS160 application or it should be differeent application?

• January 30, 2019 / 8:45 PM

Hello.. You need to accomplish DS160 per family member..

• JanetForevercohen
        February 18, 2019 / 9:02 AM

thanks a lot it was very informative and clear.

• March 16, 2019 / 2:40 PM

Glad you found the blog informative.. Good luck and God bless on you visa application.. 😊

20. sarah
    November 24, 2018 / 11:25 PM

hi good evening Ms Maria..

ask ko lng po kung meron po kayung nilagay na passport book number po? or same lng po yun ng passport number po ntin?

Thank you!

21. Lovelyn
    November 23, 2018 / 11:54 AM

Ate i want to ask i want to apply us tourist with my husband . I have QID and work here in doha but my husband in on visit visa,can i add him on my application?Do i need travel insurance?

22. Maria Mia Neri
    November 22, 2018 / 11:32 AM

Hi Maam. would like to ask po dun sa part ng Are you a permanent resident of a country? Ano pong sinagot nyo, Yes or No? I have qid po. 3years na po ako dito Doha. Thanks

23. Vanessa
    November 10, 2018 / 5:21 PM

Hi Ms. MI! Dun po sa part na are you a permanent resident of a country? Ano pong sinagot nyo, Yes or No? May QID naman po ako dito kaso like Singapore, iba po kasi ang ibig sabihin ng Permanent Resident dba. Tsaka po sa previous employer, isasama ko po ba lahat ng naging trabaho ko simula nung unang unang work ko?

24. Mary
    September 15, 2018 / 1:49 AM

Hi po maam..question lang po. Pwde kaya ako mag-apply ng US Visa kahit under family visit lang ako? Nagresigned na po ksi ako sa trabaho ko dito sa Qatar pro almost 10yrs na ako dito at sa isang company lang. Nag-exit po ako sa Oman nung August 2018 at bumalik ako dito under my brother’s sponsorship. Nabasa ko ksi sa taas na required ang Qatar ID, letter from previous company at bank statement. May job offer po ksi akong natanggap sa US at sagot ko daw ung visa processing pro marerefund din pagkadating ko sa US.

Maraming salamat po sa sagot.

• September 21, 2018 / 5:22 PM

Hello Mary!! Maybe you should apply for another type of visa since you already have a job offer in the US.. This write up is only applicable for those travelling to the US as tourist..

25. Mohamed Siyam
    July 25, 2018 / 6:57 AM

Really useful information thanks

• September 13, 2018 / 7:40 PM

Hi Ms Maria,

I would like to ask if QR5000 monthly salary is fine to apply for a tourist visa. I have savings and I will stay with my best friend during my vacation. I am just worried that QR5000 in my Salary Certificate is too small. Thanks😊

• September 21, 2018 / 5:06 PM

Hello Ivonne.. To be honest, I am not really sure regarding how much salary or savings you should have in order to get approved.. It is upon the discretion of the visa officer whether you will get approved or not based on the documents that you will present and based on your interview..

26. D
    July 23, 2018 / 4:23 PM

How many days will it take to get an appointment for visa interview?

27. D
    July 23, 2018 / 4:15 PM

How long does it takes you to schedule a visa interview?

• July 30, 2018 / 12:05 AM

Hello D!! It depends on the availability.. Once you made an account on the Online Applicant System (see Step III above), you will already see on the dashboard the latest available date for the interview..

28. Jc
    July 4, 2018 / 6:15 PM

Hello po. Ask ko lang po kasi yung QID ko ay expired na sa Sept 11 then my target appt is Aug 2 with preferred travel date Dec 2018. Okay lang po kaya yun kahit pa expired na QID ko?

• July 29, 2018 / 7:14 AM

Hello JC, I think it is ok.. But it is better to renew your QID first since it is about to expire and renewal won’t take that long..

• JC
        July 29, 2018 / 9:03 AM

Okay big thanks po! God bless 🙏🏻😊

• JC
          September 21, 2018 / 6:32 PM

I got my US approved po!! Salamat ng madami Miss Ingrid sa support! God bless you more!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😇

• September 21, 2018 / 7:09 PM

I am so happy for you JC.. Enjoy your vacation in the US.. God bless.. 😊

• Esther
            December 8, 2018 / 8:13 AM

Hi jc, what are the questions being asked to you.did they require you to submit any bank certificates? Thanks

29. tin paulo
    July 3, 2018 / 12:38 AM

hello po.
    question po for surnames ng married na. for example:
    married surname: PAULO
    maiden surname : PEREZ
    fill out form : SURNAMES : PAULO PEREZ? or PEREZ PAULO? or
    GIVEN NAME : given name + PEREZ?
    thanks a lot!

• July 29, 2018 / 7:08 AM

Hello.. I put my maiden surname together with my given name.. In your example, given name + Perez.. But I know some who didn’t include their maiden surname on their application form..

30. Paul
    June 27, 2018 / 1:40 PM

Hi mam,

I just want to know.. kung 1 and a half year lang ako work dito Qatar, does it matter? Cuz sabi ng mga ka work ko atleast 3 years daw.

• June 27, 2018 / 6:26 PM

Hello Paul! I know somebody who is less that 3 yrs in Qatar, but was able to get a visa.. I guess it really depends on the assessment of the visa officer and it is based on the information that you will provide them..

31. OFW
    June 27, 2018 / 12:49 PM

Hi Maria Ingrid,

Ano mga travel history niyo po?

Na denied ako once nung 2016. 🙁

• June 27, 2018 / 3:31 PM

Hello!! I’ve been to various places.. 😊 That is sad to hear.. Don’t you want to try applying once again??

32. Ches
    June 21, 2018 / 12:36 PM

Hello, is it really need to have a 6 months bank statement? thanks

• June 21, 2018 / 12:46 PM

Hello Ches.. Actually, the US embassy didn’t really specify their requirement for the bank statement.. But most people prepare for 6 months just to be sure.. During our interview, they didn’t ask or even take a look at our bank statements, but we prepared it and brought with us anyway.. I think it is up to you if you want to prepare it..

• kat
        January 30, 2019 / 6:55 PM

hi ingrid. you mentioned that you submitted online bank statement?

• January 30, 2019 / 8:43 PM

Hello!! The visa officer did not asked for our bank statement during our interview.. But the one I brought was just printed from my online banking..

33. Sherif Derbala
    June 10, 2018 / 1:10 AM

If I mentioned tourism for 10 days or 15 , how long they give it ?

34. Sherif Derbala
    June 10, 2018 / 1:10 AM

how long they give the validity of visa, Is it 10 years ?

• June 10, 2018 / 6:46 AM

Hello Sherif! They gave us 10 years.. Not sure if everyone gets the same..

35. Avaira Atlas
    May 28, 2018 / 11:50 AM

Hi Ms. MI, tanong ko lang po if am I qualified to apply a tourist US Visa while I’m currently holding business visa here in Qatar kaka move lang namin dito. And I’m not working and I don’t have the QID yet. Wait ko lang spouse sponsorship ng asawa ko who is American and working here in Doha. Thanks 🙏

• May 28, 2018 / 1:58 PM

Hello Avaira!! I am not sure if you are qualified to apply considering you are only holding a business visa.. Are you going to apply for a resident visa in Qatar? If yes, I would suggest you to wait for it before you apply.. Hope this helps..

36. Marlene L. Dela Cruz
    May 18, 2018 / 9:22 PM

Hello ma’am ask ko lang po kung pwedi po ba yong mag-aapply ng u.s visa online sa qatar then magpainterview doon na sa pinas? Thanks po.

• May 20, 2018 / 8:42 AM

Hello Marlene! I think you can’t.. Once you start to fill up the form, they will ask you where you want to apply and be interviewed.. If you are a resident of Qatar, I think it is better to apply in Qatar instead of doing it in the Philippines..

• Vanessa
      November 10, 2018 / 5:18 PM

Hi Marlene! Natuloy po kayo mag-apply ng tourist visa?Saan po kayo nagpa-interview, Qatar or Manila?

37. JC
    May 3, 2018 / 4:23 PM

Hi Ms Ingrid, Good day po 🙂

Ask ko lang po is there any dress code preference during the interview?

Kelangan po ba naka dress? or slack, jeans will do?

Thank you.

• May 5, 2018 / 2:59 AM

Hello JC!! I believe there’s no particular dress code for the interview.. Just be sure to wear something decent or smart casual.. I was wearing my usual office attire (blazer, blouse and slacks) during my interview..

38. Smart
    April 29, 2018 / 3:47 PM

Most important is you have to show that you have strong social relation with your home country same which is your nationality…. you need to show that you regularly visiting home countries

……..also do not travel alone in tourist visa without your family if you already married because it will show you have lake of social relation with family and you intent to immigration plan not for tourist

…… you have keep to visit your home country at least last five year …to show stamp of travels to consular

39. ann
    April 1, 2018 / 9:32 PM

Good day, ask ko lang po yung sa pag fill out ng name hndi na po ba ilalagay yung middle name? Thank you

• April 2, 2018 / 8:23 AM

Hello!! There are some who don’t put their middle names.. But I still specified my mins on my form, after the given name..

40. JIng
    March 22, 2018 / 10:24 AM

Hi, me and my friend is applying for a tourist visa. Did you make the application together? I mean have you added tep on the ‘add by name’ window, like she will be applying visa with you? because when i added my friend,m it appears that the deposit slip is a payment for 2 people. How can she enter her own receipt on her login account? Also, what shall I answer to this question right after the add by name, Do all of the applicants have 10 year visas (except those under the age of 14)? thank you

• March 22, 2018 / 11:30 AM

Hello Jlng! Yes, we applied together as family, when I created my account for the appointment, I added Tep and entered his information on my account.. Our deposit slip was for 2 persons.. I am not quite sure if “add by name” is for families only or if it is also applicable to friends.. Did you enter all her information as well to your account? If you were able to add your friend, then there’s no need for her to create an account of her own.. Since once you entered the receipt number, it will generate an appointment confirmation, saying that the number of applicants are 2.. As for your last inquiry, sorry but I don’t remember if we were asked with that question.

• Jing
        March 22, 2018 / 1:14 PM

Thank you very much for your helpful response. Yes when I drop down the options, it seems like it is only for family members, but there is also an option as “Others”. So I added my friend’s information including the code of her DS-160 form. Does it mean she doesn’t need to make her own payment on the login acct she created? Or it will be better if we do it separately? We will have the same address we want to stay in the US, which is her sister.

41. Rai
    March 13, 2018 / 1:51 PM

hi can you please tell me in the online form… do I have to fill my current DOHA home address? or should I fill the home address of my home country?

• March 16, 2018 / 4:47 PM

Hello!! On my application, I put my current address here in Qatar..

42. Jaz
    February 13, 2018 / 12:01 AM

Thank you for all the info. Ask ko lang po kung yung sa national identity number is QID? And ifever meron po ba sa form na tinatanong about last travels? Thank you so much

• February 13, 2018 / 9:38 AM

I think my answer there was “does not apply” because we dont have national id in the Philippines.. But other applicants put their Tax Identification No.. As for the last travels, yes, they’ve asked for the countries where we have travelled before..

43. Surinder Singh
    February 11, 2018 / 11:48 AM

Hi friend

Is it mandatory any invitation or sponsorship from USA?

• February 13, 2018 / 9:31 AM

Hello!! Not sure if I understand your question correctly.. But you can schedule your appointment through the website that I have mentioned above..

• Surinder Singh
        February 14, 2018 / 9:43 AM

Hi maria
        You didn’t understand my question. Actually i want to know that if, i am going to apply then is it need of any sponsorship or any other documents from USA resident. For example if am going to visit my friend, living in USA, then would he have to send any invitation or sponsorship to me from USA ?

Second, I am working in qatar. Would I have to show NOC letter of my company to embassy for apply tourist visa?

Thx for giving me your precious time.

• February 21, 2018 / 10:04 PM

Hello.. There’s no need for sponsorship or invitation from your friend in USA.. You only need to know the address of your friend, in case you will stay with her once you are in the US, since this information will be provided once you filled up your DS-160 form.. You can show them an employment certificate..

• Surinder Singh
            February 22, 2018 / 9:04 AM

Thnku for helpful information dear

44. Hazirah
    January 28, 2018 / 12:40 PM

Hi, did the officer ask you to give your old passports?

• January 31, 2018 / 8:29 AM

No, he didn’t asked for our old passports.. But we brought it during our interview, just to be sure..

45. chally
    January 10, 2018 / 10:59 AM

Thank you Ms. Maria, your travel blog is really helpful in applying US Visa. Thanks for sharing 😊

• January 14, 2018 / 7:30 PM

Thank you so much Chally!! 😊

• zawhtetaung
        April 3, 2018 / 9:47 PM

Hello friend I’m from Myanmar but now I’m study in Korea with D4 visa.I want to visit to US,Chicago just 1week during my class off so the US embassy in korea will give me B_2visa?please lets me know please

• April 7, 2018 / 10:12 PM

Hello!! I am sorry, but I am not familiar with the visa residency of Korea. Maybe you can check with US Embassy there to know more about the requirements that you need to submit to get a US tourist visa.. Thank you..

• January 17, 2018 / 10:04 PM

Thank you Chally for taking the time to read my blog.. Glad to hear that you find it helpful.. Hoping and praying that you will get your US visa soon..

46. John
    December 22, 2017 / 5:58 PM

Maam, I just want to asked.. anu po yung nilagay nyo sa address state/province?.. may province ba dito sa qatar or yung municipality? thanks po..

• December 22, 2017 / 8:53 PM

I think wala.. I just usually put Doha..

Let MI know your thoughts!

%d bloggers like this: